Boy Scouts of America Troop 227 in Bartlett, IL is chartered with Living Lord Lutheran Church on Route 59 just South of Stearns.
We are a fun and energetic bunch that uses the Scout Oath and Law to build our adventures. Each Scouts’ journey is unique. Some race toward Eagle, while others linger and enjoy the adventure. Whatever your Scout’s path, we are here to support him in his journey.
Scouting is for boys aged 11 through 17.
Boy Scouts is an outdoor program designed to develop character, citizenship, and fitness for boys ages 11 through 17. Through the advancement program and peer group leadership, Scouting helps a boy develop into a well-rounded young man. The Eagle Scout Award, the highest rank in Scouting, is recognized around the world as a mark of excellence.
Troop 227 Structure
- Troop 227 is made up of patrols
- Each patrol is led by an older and more experienced scout called the Patrol Leader
- Each of the Patrol Leaders coordinate with the Senior Patrol Leader
- The Senior Patrol Leader (SPL) leads the entire troop
- All of these leaders make up the Patrol Leader Council (PLC)
- The PLC plans the troop’s outings, campouts, and meeting.
- All of the scouts are ultimately lead by our Scoutmaster
The troop adult leadership is comprised of one Scoutmaster and five Assistant Scoutmasters. In addition, an adult committee has been formed that is led by the committee chair and parents who support the troop and its activities.
Troop 227 Adult Leaders
- Scoutmaster – Bob Bucciarelli
- Assistant Scoutmasters:
- Dan Kamp
- Russ Pusilo
- Tom Springer
- Julie Bucciarelli
- Bernie Nevarez
- Jeff Varchmin
The troop meets on most Monday evenings from 6:30 to 8:00 pm at the Living Lord Lutheran Church. The troop does not meet on school holidays. The troop maintains a calendar located at http://troop227bartlett.org/wp/calendar/ that has all of our troop events!
Here’s some great information about the Boy Scout Program